Ember
Chris are you close enough to the coast to be affected by Irma?
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

From the two paths I'm seeing, if it takes the one up the coast, then we will get hit. If it takes the gulf, we'll get it as it fizzles out. As of right now, no one knows - which is scary. I don't think we will know for sure until it actually hits Florida.

My parents JUST got moved into their new house, and it's semi high up. We are also about 20 miles from the beach so while we'll get the bands for sure, and possibly the eye, we are far enough inland to be on the "I've hit land and am beginning to fizzle" side of it. It doesn't help, but it's a little buffer. I'm pretty sure my parents don't want to leave their new house.

If push comes to shove, though, I have a brother in Columbia and family in Spartanburg, both very inland. I'll head there if I need to.

Our shopping centers are all out of water though. People are panicking.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Thoughts and prayers to you Ember, I hope all will be well. Scary stuff these cyclone. Take care !
Fill containers with water to have on hand. We use washed out milk containers and add a few drops of bleach, works well. 

Sending prayers for all who are in Irma's path.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Stay safe! Glad you have options and backup plans.
It is very crazy year, storms, floods and wild fires
Take care Chris
Thanks guys, I'll keep ya'll updated as things happen Smile

Keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.... Heart
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dogs think I am.
Looks like we are going to get it one way or another - but not until after it hits Florida (in my earlier posts I was still catching up and didn't realize it was so far south to start with). By the time it gets to us it "should" be a Cat 3 or less. being second floor in an apartment building with 3 floors, I'm feeling pretty safe here. This is the same apartment we stayed in for Matthew - and we only lost power for a couple of hours tops for him. He was smaller, but not by much (if the predictions are correct, that is).

My parents are staying in their new house. They are definitely a little higher up. We shouldn't have flooding issues in our immediate area but our city will probably flood in patches (and all of downtown again, like with Matthew.

I stocked up on canned food and such tonight, only to realize most of what I bought needs to be heated some way. Here's hoping the power doesn't go out for long LOL! I may be a veteran to hurricanes, but this is the first one I've gotten to prepare for on my own. Learning curves!

You need one of those little propane stoves. We have one for camping and the propane bottle is really small. Make sure you have plenty of water. We only get flash floods here and our home is up high enough that the water just runs down stream away from us. Take care!