Ember has us ALL well trained
Long story short, I finally got to go on vacation with my dad, and the day we left we got a call that his brother had died. So my week has been crazy, up in the air, and very much fur-baby-less.

My mother kept Ember and Anya for me while we were out of town (We decided to stay for about 5 days since the service wasn't until Friday, and everything happened the Saturday before). According to Mom, Ember learned in less than 24 hours what she needed to do to be let out in the back yard.

Wednesday, Ember then "Tricked" my mother into taking her on a LOOOONG walk. Now, Mom was in a hurry, and trying to get Ember to eat so she could leave, but Ember flattened on the couch. So, thinking to take her potty first, Mom asked her and got her ready to go out - intending only to take her out long enough to pee and come back.

Next thing she knew she was almost a half mile away and never realized it - was just walking with Ember. Apparently Ember figured out if she stopped and sniffed enough Mom wouldn't try to direct her back to the house. So she was "heavily sniffing" in a straight line. Mom still laughs about that one.

And then while we went to the service on Friday my perpetual house-sitters (parent's business partners whom Ember gets along with) said she actually pulled the same stunt on them - wouldn't eat until they took her out, then just sniffed in a straight line (and they didn't know if turning her around would upset her so they let her go until done).

She's turning out to be a manipulative little twerp who knows what she wants and will actually try to get it in the sweetest, most natural way possible.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
LOL! I bet she knows that they wouldn't expect it too!
Give a girl a little empowerment and just look what she does with it. Way to go Ember !
Ember sounds like my GSD.  He was so subtle in the way he got what he wanted that you didn't know you were being conned until it was too late!
Her two new nicknames are "twerp" and "booger" LOL. She's so very smart.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
So very Border Collie!!
Gotta love 'em.