All Border Collie Forums
Gizmo and Keller - Printable Version

+- All Border Collie Forums (http://www.allbordercollies.com)
+-- Forum: All Border Collies (http://www.allbordercollies.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Photo & Video Gallery (http://www.allbordercollies.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Gizmo and Keller (/thread-16699.html)

Gizmo and Keller - Keller-b-border - 01-07-2018

[attachment=11261]

Probably not a good idea....we did it anyway. Our hamsters and dog are pretty accepting and mellow. The cats are another story. Only time they hang out in the same room and ignore each other is when I am not there.

RE: Gizmo and Keller - Ember - 01-07-2018

I can't figure out if Keller is being tolerant or actually relaxed lol. He looks like he's saying "Uh.... hello? Not a climbing tree here... but.. okay... I guess... maybe."

LOL at the cats and hamsters! I had a cat when I was young who was feral when I got him as a kitten but turned out to be an awesome house cat before he died (he made it to 11 years, how we don't have a clue as he was always going missing and even got hit by a car once - but that's another story). My brothers had a hamster and a rat. My mom thought the cat was outside and put the hamster in an exercise ball so she could wash out its cage. Next thing she knew the cat was shooting him across the tile floor, spinning him relentlessly and knocking him against all the cabinets. Try catching a half-feral 1 year old kitten on a ball/rat-rampage-induced craze while you are elbow deep in water and suds.

RE: Gizmo and Keller - Keller-b-border - 01-08-2018

(01-07-2018, 11:55 PM)Ember Wrote: I can't figure out if Keller is being tolerant or actually relaxed lol. He looks like he's saying "Uh.... hello? Not a climbing tree here... but.. okay... I guess... maybe."

LOL at the cats and hamsters! I had a cat when I was young who was feral when I got him as a kitten but turned out to be an awesome house cat before he died (he made it to 11 years, how we don't have a clue as he was always going missing and even got hit by a car once - but that's another story). My brothers had a hamster and a rat. My mom thought the cat was outside and put the hamster in an exercise ball so she could wash out its cage. Next thing she knew the cat was shooting him across the tile floor, spinning him relentlessly and knocking him against all the cabinets. Try catching a half-feral 1 year old kitten on a ball/rat-rampage-induced craze while you are elbow deep in water and suds.

Your mom is pretty cool for washing a cage for your brother. I make the kids do it with supervision or I end up doing more work than if I had done it for them. Seriously after getting them this summer.... a dog is sooo much easier to maintain. 

The nocturnal thing can wear on ya as a parent trying to get a special needs kid to bed on time too. But he has her on a schedule. He comes out at around eight or nine after pj time back in around nine forty five or ten then lights out. She is a great pet owner most nights I don't have to remind her to get him out for some exercise and to tidy his cage a little. He is an amazing motivator to get her out of bed  which is a huge hurtle in the mornings. He sits on her back plays with her hair while she eats breakfast.  She is still late almost every day but that is just her style slow and steady wins the race. But she always has all her stuff with her. 

I am pretty sure that is Keller being extremely tolerant and slightly annoyed. "almost every week you stick one of these stupid things on me.  I get to touch noses and look at it.....but what the heck man...it doesn't hiss spit slap or bolt...what am I supposed to do with it?" It rolls around and bounces off of him in the ball. The cats love it they sit down in front of the cage and just watch for hours while they run on the wheel at night. Not sure how the hamsters feel about it. The cats are afraid of the ball...don't know what to do with it. One of the hamsters is more interactive driven. Doesn't do much with the wheel or ball. It just likes climbing around on people. He actually wakes up during the day with Dore at breakfast time and gets up when he hears her book bag hit the floor after school. His name is Humphrey after the children's book series about a classroom pet hamster. The other one is typical run on wheel constantly bolt around in ball type. Finally mellowed out enough where he will climb around calmly on you without jumping off of stuff like he has a death wish.  

Any who that is our latest two additions to the household. Thanks for sharing and listening Shy