You are not logged in.

Register or Login to remove ads.

Dear visitor, welcome to All Border Collies Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Vicks

Professional

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 4:59pm

RE: Nasty woman :(

Fake Border Collie, I ask you. Does she think you can go pick them up off a market stall like a fake Gucci handbag?!

Silly cow!
"To err is human:To forgive, canine."

- Anonymous

joanne/shads

Professional

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 9:00pm

Quoted from "Vicks"

Fake Border Collie, I ask you. Does she think you can go pick them up off a market stall like a fake Gucci handbag?!

Silly cow!

its people like her who have fake gucci handbags and dont know it lol
Toffee is gorgeous and so is Jinx theres just no educating some folk

/wag [size=x-large]Joanne[/size]

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 11:10pm

What is annoying is that even if your dog was a 'fake', so what, is your dog and you love it so why should she get intrusive about it.

So wierd so people.

Monday, February 7th 2011, 12:36am

Quoted from "Vicks"

Silly cow!

its people like her who have fake gucci handbags and dont know it lol

[/quote]

This is funny because I was going to say tell her your dog is more real than her handbag.
Kelly
In their short lives our pets give us all they can...their friendship, unselfish love, and total loyalty. Lucky dog always in my heart

BCMumto3

Intermediate

• "BCMumto3" started this thread

Monday, February 7th 2011, 1:55am

lol, you lot sure brightened my day
Hopefully I wont be able to say anything to her again , cos hopefully I wont see her anymore /wtg

Buddy
April 1st 1993 - April 8th 2008
Run free my sweet Ambereyes
Always missed

BCBlake

One Border Collie crazy Marine

Monday, February 7th 2011, 2:17am

Toffee Sure looks like a real BC to me :) Maybe she's the one whose eyes aren't "right".

Monday, February 7th 2011, 2:17am

I would of had to say something really smart back to her, like oh you are right he is "fake" he is a sheep in BC clothing. She needs more sunshine. /dance
Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be. -Temple Grandin

MySkip

A senior junior member

Monday, February 7th 2011, 2:39am

Not to worry... She's an ignoramous... She's probably never seen a red B/C before... Toffey is a beauty... She looks just like the "Red" in Skip's agility class... (Skip's new girlfriend.../evilgrin)

Why is it that people with "little white dogs" think that they are an authority on all things canine...? If they knew anything about dogs, (and people) they would know that there is nothing more emasculating than to send her husband out to walk that "little white dog..."

Real men don't walk those kinds of dogs...
It is often said... "A dog is man's best friend..."
I only hope I am worthy enough to reciprocate...
Bob...

Monday, February 7th 2011, 4:19am

Real men love bc's.
Kelly
In their short lives our pets give us all they can...their friendship, unselfish love, and total loyalty. Lucky dog always in my heart

Monday, February 7th 2011, 12:37pm

i don't get it. i would have replied "what's a bc?" "ooooh. no, this is not just a bc, this is my dog. do you see a tag on him saying bc? no? now fuck off <big smile> have a nice daaaay. bye." why bother? or "yours doesn't look like a bc at all though. you must have been blind or drunk. what do you mean, you didn't want a bc? what a lame excuse, suuuure you didn't" (that's if you were in the mood to really spark a fight :) )

we have a saying: don't argue with an imbecile, their mind got plenty of rest.

besides, who cares what breed your dog is? i get people asking me about quark, but they are just curious (some people confuse him with a berna, because he's tri-color and the markings look very much like berna -- i never take offense, i just think it's funny, and tend to reply, mostly to myself "i sure hope he's not, that would mean twice the weight at least". mostly to myself because i can't utter more than 5 words in the local language :) ).

relax, imbeciles are everywhere, who cares.

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:17pm

We get asked what mix Kia is and when we say pure bc, they look at us like we don't know what we are talking about. She is short haired but the rest is all bc.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it treats its animals." - Gandhi

harlow

Trainee

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 3:52am

I always get asked what Harlow is mixed with since her face 'doesn't look right.' It's not the typical BC mask

Prestt_man

Intermediate

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 11:47am

hehe his absolutely gorgeous... i still have had 3 people ask me what daisy is and she is as typical as they come black/white with a white nose paws and a tail tip, chest and collar... someone even had to bring up the fact her white "collar" only goes down one side.. "ah well" is all i said, there just jealous cause they dont have one me thinks, anyhow thats the thing with these beautiful dogs there diverse and different, they were bred purely for smarts, and one of the only dogs that has been, there is a standard but thats for those who show there best buds... anyhow lucky she didnt say it to me... wish i could teach my dog to pee on people at command ....
I own a Border Collie and im still sane ... or a Border Collie owns me is more of an accurate description of the current situation

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 3:14pm

ahem.. probably not the thing you should be hearing right now, but: actually, you can. quark already does it on command, pretty much (not on people, mind you), i'm sure with enough practice, target pee should be no problem. hmmm, interesting project :D

BCMumto3

Intermediate

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 3:27pm

My lot all pee on command
I think id just get funny looks from the dogs if I told them to pee on someone though /lol

Buddy
Always missed

Prestt_man

Intermediate

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 4:14pm

well when i went and saw the litter daisy was the first pup me and the partner picked up cause we asked which one would look most like mum... then she wee'd all over my other half.. then it was set in stone.. i life loong bond... haha i fell in love with her instantly... good times i say lol
I own a Border Collie and im still sane ... or a Border Collie owns me is more of an accurate description of the current situation

Red Merle

Intermediate

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 8:46pm

I know this was all a long time ago, but I'm surprised at how much a complete stranger spreading the benefit of her ignorance and lack of tact has angered me! Toffee is a beautiful, full on collie and I have no idea what she was hoping to achieve by making such ill educated comments.

I often get comments asking what my "collie cross" is, or I'm asked if he "has some collie in him". These are usually a good excuse to spread a little light that collies aren't just black and white and then directing them to colliecorner.com, just to complete their rehabilitation! /lol

Well done for keeping your cool to the extend of merely being "rude" to her in response.
Ben, the White Hair Monster:
Testing James Dyson's finest to destruction since 2008...

Cooped

Intermediate

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 9:00pm

Wow - the older I get the more I comprehend the general level of stupidity, rudeness, and ignorance in this society. Why on earth would she care?? She needs to get a life in a serious way - and educate herself before speaking! Dumb seriously. Toffee with the Squirrel made me smile - that is a great toy for your BC. :)

BCMumto3

Intermediate

Sunday, December 2nd 2012, 4:22pm

I know this was all a long time ago, but I'm surprised at how much a complete stranger spreading the benefit of her ignorance and lack of tact has angered me! Toffee is a beautiful, full on collie and I have no idea what she was hoping to achieve by making such ill educated comments.

I often get comments asking what my "collie cross" is, or I'm asked if he "has some collie in him". These are usually a good excuse to spread a little light that collies aren't just black and white and then directing them to colliecorner.com, just to complete their rehabilitation! /lol

Well done for keeping your cool to the extend of merely being "rude" to her in response.
Id forgotten all about this , lol
I adore your collie, gorgeous colouring and markings :love:
Wow - the older I get the more I comprehend the general level of stupidity, rudeness, and ignorance in this society. Why on earth would she care?? She needs to get a life in a serious way - and educate herself before speaking! Dumb seriously. Toffee with the Squirrel made me smile - that is a great toy for your BC. :)
Toffees latest fave toy is his blue frisbee :)

Buddy
Always missed

Hannah23

Intermediate

Sunday, December 2nd 2012, 10:21pm

Toffee is absolutely stunning!! What a silly rude woman! I'd never dream of stopping someone just to insult them lol! Others are right, some people really need to get a life!

Social bookmarks