All Border Collie Forums

Full Version: Body language - picture disucssion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Have done this in a few places and find it quite interesting. The idea being to add a picture for other people to work out what is going on looking at the dogs body language. Picking out what makes you think is going on....

Heres a fairly easy one to start with - Whats she saying (and explain why you think it Smile )
[Image: DSC02218.jpg]

(I did not specifically have BCs in mind here - any pictures that depict an action or posture etc)
Hmmm ok I will give it a shot, though I'm sure I will be completely wrong haha Tongue She looks maybe annoyed? Her ears are laid back and she looks like maybe she has a little snarl coming on.
Here are two pictures..

#1 Younger picture of Skye @ Agility
[Image: agility04.jpg]

#2 Fonzie, one of our chickens...hope it doesn't have to be a dog Tongue
[Image: fonzie.jpg]
(05-03-2011, 02:15 PM)Sammie Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm ok I will give it a shot, though I'm sure I will be completely wrong haha Tongue She looks maybe annoyed? Her ears are laid back and she looks like maybe she has a little snarl coming on.

Yep - dead right. Flat ears - tension throughout her head, coming from her lips. Hint of a snarl with her mouth slightly open. Eyes very intense.

(05-03-2011, 02:21 PM)Herding Addict Wrote: [ -> ]It looks focused and intense to me, how my guys look when they are working the flock often if there happens to be a challenging situation, such as a sheep straying from the rest and they are using their eye to put them back.

She would have used a hell of a lot more than eye had she been pushed here /lol. Guarding mode. Smile
1/ Look of concentration. She is possibly watching another dog working?

Don't do Chickens I'm afraid!
[Image: PipGabe12.jpg]
(05-03-2011, 02:39 PM)Tassle Wrote: [ -> ][Image: PipGabe12.jpg]

The border collie is showing submission and I assume Gabe is the other dog is showing dominance with his ears back standing tall and tail high.

P.S. I love the spots on the collies legs!
(05-03-2011, 02:36 PM)Tassle Wrote: [ -> ]1/ Look of concentration. She is possibly watching another dog working?

Don't do Chickens I'm afraid!

Haha yeah she was watching the other dogs going over the jumps and Fonzie, the chicken was being curious b/c I was shoving my phone in his face trying to get a picture haha
(05-03-2011, 02:39 PM)Tassle Wrote: [ -> ][Image: PipGabe12.jpg]

/lol love it!, i would als say they bc is giving in aswell, Gabe is happy because his tail is up but he has pulled his head away abit.
what an awesome idea!!

Here's another...

[Image: DSCF0318.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15