All Border Collie Forums

Full Version: Hi all! Meet Ember :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=11188][attachment=11189]About a month ago I brought home this snuggly pup and aptly named her Ember, or Em for short. We live at the beach and Em loves the water! (a little too much) The first time she saw the ocean she ran down the length of a 30 ft high pier and jumped straight into the ocean. Imagine this ball of fur flying through the air into the ocean and a panicked chick hauling her soggy butt back to shore on a board! Now she knows better and prefers to eat carpet and bark at lamps. 

Also, a question! To me she looks to be a red merle but interestingly she has a black nose with a tiny fleck of pink in it. What's the lil rascals coat pattern so I can give a proper answer when asked? Thanks!
Welcome-group 

She looks to me to be a Sable Merle. I really like Sables and Sable Merles and it is one of the less common colours, well at least in Oz it is less common. She is a little cutie and obviously full of mischief and fearless, haha. Oh my, I can absolutely imagine how it felt to watch her fly off the end of the pier LOL
(10-01-2017, 04:47 PM)Trifan Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome-group 

She looks to me to be a Sable Merle. I really like Sables and Sable Merles and it is one of the less common colours, well at least in Oz it is less common. She is a little cutie and obviously full of mischief and fearless, haha. Oh my, I can absolutely imagine how it felt to watch her fly off the end of the pier LOL

I wasn't the only one who freaked out! There were a ton of people on the pier for Labor Day weekend, quite a sight lol. I was thinking sable merle too but her fur has really taken on a deep red recently. It's so fun watching new spots come in Smile)
12240096_10153235200737671_2409854813304324274_n She's a pretty pup for sure! Big Grin
Welcome! She is lovely!
Hi and welcome. I agree with Trifan on her coloring. Cute little girl.
Welcome! What a pretty puppy!

Sunny
Hi and welcome from another Ember and her owner Big Grin She is absolutely precious! What part of NC are you in? I'm from Wilmington, moved to Myrtle Beach, and then to Charleston SC.

Sounds like you have a Dock Diver on your hands - I'd look into that sport Tongue
(10-03-2017, 06:13 AM)Ember Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and welcome from another Ember and her owner Big Grin She is absolutely precious! What part of NC are you in? I'm from Wilmington, moved to Myrtle Beach, and then to Charleston SC.

Sounds like you have a Dock Diver on your hands - I'd look into that sport Tongue
I'd love to get her into a sport, I'll definitely look into it! And I'm actually in Wilmington Smile(cool beans about the names!)
Oh yay! Is that Wrightsville Beach then? This also means we could meet up if you ever decided to - I need a reason to visit my hometown!

I grew up in Bayshore, El Ogden and Kings Grant. Favorite summer memories are starting at the Fort Fischer Aquarium, taking the Ferry to South Port, and roaming Kure/Carolina beaches along the way.

BTW if you haven't discovered it, go eat at PT's Grille. I've been begging for them to move south, they came as far as Leland, not close enough!
Pages: 1 2