All Border Collie Forums

Full Version: Puppies Born - Names?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
So puppies have been born.  Unfortunately 2 were lost as first was too big and lost in labour inc the one boy in the litter :Sadut on the plus side 2 big, healthy B&W girls born yesterday and one of them will be mine.  Looking at the pics one is a very traditional B&W BC, the other is a split face with 2 black ears and the black goes down from one ear over the eye on one side and a black splodge on her nose.  She has a white splash on her back that looks like the batman logo - we're in love!

So I'm taking a straw poll on names.  Has to be Welsh (her breeding is all welsh and we live in Wales even if I'm English). We have a list but happy for Welsh additions.  What would people pick:

Mati - variant of welsh version of Margaret
Mari - welsh form of Mary
Iola (yoh la) - female version of lolo
Gwyndu (prounounced Gwin De) - white black
Awel - gentle breeze
Eirlys (Ie lys) - Snowdrop
Hafgan (hav gan) - summer song
Eirys - Iris
Fanw (prounounced VAN oo) - short form of Myfanwy
Gwenol (GWEN ol) - smiling
Lowri - Laura
Tesni - warmth
[quote pid='184040' dateline='1500219095']

Mati - variant of welsh version of Margaret
Mari - welsh form of Mary
Awel - gentle breeze
Eirlys (Ie lys) - Snowdrop
Hafgan (hav gan) - summer song
Eirys - Iris
Fanw (prounounced VAN oo) - short form of Myfanwy
Gwenol (GWEN ol) - smiling
Lowri - Laura
Tesni - warmt
[/quote]
I like mati from above but I also like rhona, and tegan
I like Tegan but it's a friend's daughter's name (others ruled out on the same basis or friend's dogs names are Eleri, Cerys, Bethan, Catrin, Lili (Bronwen's sister), Cariad (Bronwen's mum), Alaw (pup's mum), Seren (Bronwen & pup's gran), Manon, Nerys (bron's trainer) & Angharad). Not keen on Rhona only because I know someone with that name and we don't get on LOL.
I like Gwyndu for the split face and Tesni for the traditional.
The only Welsh I know is my last name and it mean "little house." Not such a good name for a BC pup.
I like Mati.   Big Grin   And Tesni, but they all are really wonderful names.
My picks,

Eirys for the split face!
Saw them today - so tiny but perfect! Really hoping we'll get one of them (will find out for definite and which one in a couple of weeks. Hold up is my friends who bred them are umming and ahhing about keeping one). The next couple of weeks are going to kill me waiting to find out!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8