All Border Collie Forums

Full Version: How does your dog welcome you home?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Josie greets us with a long happy howl every time we come home, feels like she is saying 'I was waiting for yooooou!!' Then lots of nipping and tugging at our clothes generally followed by a dramatic roll onto her back for a tummy rub.
Our dogs welcome each of us differently. When we get home at separate times this is how it goes. When my husband arrives the dogs all go bonkers. Roo rooing and barking their welcome home. They jump on him and he greets them all with high squeaky sounds of joy.

Me, they run to me with very little sound and sit at my feet with tails going 100 mph waiting for their pets.

When we have been away together and the dogs have been kenneled my husband lets them out and they treat me the same as if I came home alone. My husband gets no notice of being home. They run past him to me.
Giggle I like how our dogs greet us all differently.

Kep does a full body wag with his tail going from his right shoulder to his left and back to his right.
Both dogs sleep when we are out Skye's first to run and meet us the pup sounds like a chimp because he lags behind Skye does her chewbaca impression she used to jump all over us but now sits to get her belly rub wee fella is quiet once he's caught up and he likes a belly rub too but we get a great welcome home
This was a year ago in April, and it hasn't changed much at all.

Gideon jumps up on the back of the recliner and does a whole body wag. Micah comes out of his hidey hole and stretches a really long stretch, then decides whether or not the event requires a roo roo.
(03-19-2017, 01:51 PM)Ember Wrote: [ -> ]This was a year ago in April, and it hasn't changed much at all.

Hahaha aaah so much joy!
WAYYY too enthusiastically. Kinda makes us feel guilty and undeserving of the welcome.
Draco always has his big teddy, mama bear, with him. May does a howly growl
(03-20-2017, 02:14 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]WAYYY too enthusiastically.  Kinda makes us feel guilty and undeserving of the welcome.

That is one of the things I love about dogs.  I sort of feel like a movie star every time I come home.    Cool
Pages: 1 2