All Border Collie Forums

Full Version: Recipes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post your recipes for treats, kong stuffing or any goodies you make for your dogs.
This thread is a good idea. Thumbsup It will be interesting to see what comes up.

I like to stuff kongs with peanut butter, plain greek yogurt, bananas, blueberries, and sometimes a little cookie. I generally start with a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of yogurt then I add the blueberries (10 or so) then I stick a piece of banana in at the end as a plug. I then stick it in the freezer and let freeze. I'll give it to him at the end of a walk if I make it. Sometimes I put coconut in it too.
Susie will toss a couple treats in the kongs and then top it with low fat peanut butter. Then toss them in the freezer overnight. The kids love them! /snoopy
I put a few Natural chewy dog treats in the Kong then some peanut butter then add a natural type of meaty stick treat put the Kong in the freezer over night then give it to the your dogs the next day I learned this from the Animal Shelter I volunteer at !
Something I was just introduced to within the last week:

Squeeze Food Tube for training (the kind used for camping, like peanut butter squeeze bottles or in my case, a 97 cent travel lotion squeeze bottle from Walmart).

Mix together whatever ingredients your dog likes. I have 2 versions right now, and Ember is nuts for both:

Raw Meat filling
- 2 kinds of raw meat kibble (pre-made raw dinner, this time it was lamb and chicken)
- 2 bone broth ice cubes melted down
- blueberries (I'm sneaky, she hates them)

Blend to a pulp and fit it the best you can into the squeeze bottle. I had to disinfect several surfaces afterwards, and I added a little water to mine to make it more liquid for easy pouring - but then regretted it on serving (squeezed it almost up her nose one time, poor dear).

Not so nasty meaty filling
Baby food!
- chicken baby food
- turkey baby food
- beef baby food
- any fruits/veggies baby food (again, I'm sneaky)

Mix until well joined and blend if necessary, fill bottle. Note: this mixture can also be stored in a jar instead and served via fingertip.

Serving it:
I hold it upright and squeeze so it comes out the top and let Ember lick it up. It took her a few attempts to get used to having the pop cap but she quickly figured out that it wasn't scary and was actually well worth sticking her face in.